Oldest African American Episcopal Congregation west of the Mississippi. dating back to 1874. The first parish was constructed at 22nd and Washington in 1883 to accommodate the growing congregation. In May of 1906 a larger building was purchased from Messiah Unitarian, this building (postcard above) was located at Garrison and Locust. The church would again move in 1957 to the present location at Terry and North Kingshighway.
For more parish history visit the following link.